Well all, welcome to our blog! :) In case you don't know... This is Sam and Kenzie Fowler. And we're on our way the Philadelphia for Sam's dental school. It's been one week since we left good ol' Utah, and we're still not quite to Philly. We are actually right out side of it in King of Prussia (finally in a decent hotel I might add) and we will get to our apartment tomorrow! I'm so scared! Although it is still really surreal. However, our trip here has been absolutely amazing! My family came with us, well all except Connor (whom we miss dearly). Anyway, we decided to make it a Church History tour at the same time. It's been incredible. We've had the opportunity to go to Winter Quarters in Nebraska, Nauvoo, Carthage and Kirtland, as well as Amish country in Middleflield Ohio. What a humbling experience it has been. I cannot believe the distance they went and all the hardships they went through. I know it's stuff I've grown up hearing all about and stories I've always appreciated... but it is nothing compared to how I feel now, now that I've experienced it. Those pioneers were incredible. And it makes me a little frustrated with myself and how much I've taken for granted being a member of the Church. They sacrified everything for the great gospel.. and I struggle with reading diligently... how lame is that! But it's alright, I now have a new perspective, new goals, new appreciation and a stronger will and testimony. I feel like right now, I can take on the world. So Philadelphia bring it on! (we'll see how long this lasts...) Well until next time. Love you all!
**Kenzie
Found your blog! We are so glad to have you guys in Philly. We think it's pretty great.
ReplyDelete