Wednesday, August 17, 2011

No, we aren't lost...

So... surprise! I am terrible at this blog thing. I should have guess, I am terrible at letter writing, journal writing... pretty much anything along those lines. But no worries, here I am and yes we made it to Philly and are safe! We have had such a fun summer... and I personally am dreading next week... I'm not ready for real life yet! So, I just have to show you some pictures from our summer, so you can see why we don't want to be done!
So, here is my cute little pioneer out in Winter Quarters

Winter Quarters

Pretty Omaha Temple! You should have seen its window work! So neat!

Coop, getting his work out... He's a good OX.

Stilts. :)

On the things you'll find parked in Iowa.

Nauvoo

Nauvoo

We are wagon riders. Yee Ha!



Nauvoo

Joseph and Hiram-Nauvoo

Such amazing men.

Nauvoo

Love them.

This is where Joseph and Emma lived at one time. It was also an Inn. How cute!

The Mississippi. So wide!



Carthage.

Kirkland. P.S. for those of you in my Home Ward we saw Snow White! AkA Sister Steffanie Carver! It was the best!

Kirkland

Amish Country

The drive was getting to them... can you tell? But don't worry. We finally made it!

PHILLY:









Cheesesteak! AKA Sam's Breakfast...

Yes this is a real sign, on a real road... sad.

Dental School

What a smarty.

They're pretty impressed.


These cool artworks are all over the city walls.

YEAH! WE'RE HERE!









So, once upon a time, we opened our vents and found this lovely treasure. We decided to be seekers and open it... smart I know, especially since we thought it was going to be drugs. But, the logic behind it was that if it was drugs they'd come back for it. SCARY! But don't worry, it wasn't drugs... it was porn... seriously.

We are LOVING the beach!

You should all be jealous!

It's pretty sweet.

Even the bugs like it.


Yup, that's our umbrella... and yup... that's my Sam...

You see the strangest things in Philly.

This is the BEAUTIFUL Refuge that's right down the street from our house.

Tourist...

I took public transportation! WOOT!

The Zoo

The Aquarium!


Ha... Oh Philly

Seriously, how cool is my city!?

Yup, I'm losing him...



Shark touching!

My WHOLE ARM got wet! It was kinda nasty!

Sam was soooooo excited to touch the Sting Rays. He was the only adult! It was very cute!

I don't think I'll fit.



See, Philly isn't that scary. :)



But really, we love love love it here! Our ward is wonderful and we have made a lot of new friends! It has been so much fun! It's like Cedar, only everyone is married! It's really great! The rainstorms here are the craziest I've ever seen, only they don't last very long. We've been to free movie nights down town by the bay. We've gone on bike rides and out to lots of dinners with friends. It's been a blast! We are definitely missing everyone, but we know this is where we are supposed to be and thankfully we love it! I swear I'll do better at updating the blog! Sam starts orientation next week, so I'll definitely have entertainment needs, expect for when I'm working. Oh yeah! I got a job! Yahoo! I'm going to work at the National Constitution Center! So excited! Anyway, we'll keep you posted! TTFN!

1 comment: